AGV Pista GP Gran Premio Italia Helmet
The AGV STANDARDS project, established in 2009 with Valentino Rossi as its leading rider, is ready to get on the track with the first AGV Pista GP helmet. The AGV Pista GP sets new performance standards with its wide field of vision, low weight and compact dimensions, extensive ventilation, exclusive ergonomic design and class-leading aerodynamics.
Development of the AGV Pista began by taking measurements of riders’ heads with a digital scanner. These measurements were then used to design the helmet from the "inside out". It is based on the “Human Engineering” concept and applies to a new design process which starts from the components that are in direct contact with the head and gradually progresses to the outer shell. As a result, the structural shapes imitate the area of contact thus providing greater safety and smaller dimensions. AGV EXTREME STANDARDS HELMETS use FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) to set new standards in safety, comfort and ergonomics. In addition to new levels of safety, the AGV Pista GP sets new standards in environmental protection with the raw materials and new technologies used in production having a focus on low environmental impact.
- The residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet. This allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety.
- The visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision.
- The field of vision is 15° wider and the overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection.
- The Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests.
- The air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently. The padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort.
- Thanks to its "from the inside out" design, the structural components of the helmet are designed to provide the required performance while minimizing size and wei
- The frontal cross section has been reduced by 3% and the lateral cross section by 6% compared with the GP-Tech helmet.
- The fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
- Shell: Carbon fiber
- N° of shells: 4 shell sizes
- ECE 2205, AS/NZS, JIS, ECE/DOT
- Fabric: Breathable Lycra® lining and shalimar fabric with sanitizing treatment
- Liners: Fully removable and washable inner liners
- Ventilation system: IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
- Air intakes with protective metal frames and meshes are in the ?always open? position . Plastic covers
- Visor mechanism: XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening. Visor front micro-lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Race flat, Class 1 optical standards, non scratch and anti-fog visor(4 layers) whit wide field of vision suitable for tear off strips
- Retention system: Double D
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin strap protection