- Manufacturer: Alpinestars
Alpinestars Durban Gore-Tex Boots
The Durban is a new concept boot direct from the Alpinestars Technical Fashion Design Studio. The people who created Nero have designed and developed a boot, literally from the ground - up, to accompany the rider who uses his trail/tourer for running into town on the commute and taking off for the hills over the weekend. Style and function set the Durban Gore-Tex® apart as a flexible, comfortable and eminently practical solution everyday use whatever the surface and whatever the weather, with the added benefit of a 100% waterproof and breathable Gore membrane.
- Full grain, ultra soft, leather upper construction for supple feel and flexibility.
- Full, 100% waterproof and breathable, Gore-Tex® membrane liner with wide gusset protection across the boot aperture for weather protection.
- Lateral, double injection, TPU section for rear, outer, foot protection with hard compound upper section for security and buckle mounting and softer lower section for flexibility.
- Outer and inner ankle protection is given by innovative, double injected, TPU section with different durometer (hardness) values and thicknesses to allow protection and flexibility, all in one section. These protectors are covered by the leather outer skin.
- Unique, single piece, medial outer leather panel, covers the inner leg, heel and inner fore-foot to give a very clean smooth surface for contact with the bike.
- Ankle is protected by a wrap around extension of the medial boot surface panel with two-layer EVA foam, shaped for fit, feel and comfort.
- Toe-box is re-enforced for protection and covered by the boots medial outer panel.
- Shin protection, built-in to the boot structure and hidden below the outer surface leather.
- Three, ergonomically shaped aluminum buckles, providing easy, comfortable and secure snap closure with micro-adjustable, memory, straps for adjustability. The buckle attachment points feature a unique, replaceable bridge to guide and secure the strap effectively.
- Wide entry aperture for convenience with Velcro® upper closure flap to allow broad ranging calf fit adjustment.
- Padded gaiter to insulate the boot inner and foot against the elements.
- Mesh liner for comfort.
- Wide flex bellows in Achilles and in-step to give flexibility and comfort both on and off the bike.
- Out sole is triple injected rubber, giving three different compounds in the same section for ultimate feel, durability and grip.
- Hard compound pedal and shifter inserts for riding comfort and protection and softer heel and fore-foot sections for grip and shock absorption.
- New lasting technology gives a close, comfortable fit while an over-injected Polypropylene (PP) mid-sole gives full foot re-enforcement from heel to toe for safety.
- Anatomical foot bed ensures riding comfort.
- Full CE certification proves all-Round Protection.