- Manufacturer: Avon
Avon AV71 Cobra Front Tire
With its unique snakeskin sidewalls, an aggressive tread pattern and low noise emission the Cobra silently defeats all roads that stand in its path. Advanced manufacturing techniques used in Avon's successful sporty Viper range have been adapted and applied to the Cobra series. WCTA - Wide Custom Tread Arc - is Avon's new tire profile that gives Cobra a nimble characteristic once reserved only for agile race-bred bikes, all without disrupting all-important stability. A-VBD - Advanced-Variable Density Belt - improves handling in the much wider Cobra sizes. This construction technology utilizes a jointless belt of ultra-strong material. Above the carcass, these strands are wound closely together at the tire's centre for increased stability and wear resistance. Towards the tire's edges the fibers are then progressively spaced out to allow the tire to take on a multi-compound effect as the tire leans. An aggressive tread pattern features FFG - Force Following Grooves - to follow the exact direction of forces that are transferred through the tire. These channels in the tire's surface significantly reduce irregular and advanced wear on bikes that carry heavy loads. Each Cobra rear tire also features the distinctive snake's head logo on the sidewall.
Available in a wide range of sizes, incorporating fitments for Harley Davidson's V-Rod, Triumph's Rocket III, Honda's Goldwing and Valkyrie plus some sizes for custom bike applications.
- Aimed at the power cruiser/custom market
- Incorporates sports tyre technology for nimble handling
- Special construction to deal with heavy loads
- Incredible stability and longevity - perfect for touring
- Unique 'snakeskin-effect' sidewall and aggressive tread pattern
- Extra wide sizes for custom bikes
- 130/60VR-23 is designed for custom front or rear fitments
Model Specific Fitments:
- 150/80R16 = Kawasaki VN2000 Vulcan
- 150/80R17 (72H) = Honda Valkyrie
- 130/70HR18 (63H) = Honda GL1800 Goldwing
- 120/70ZR19 = Harley-Davidson V-Rod