- Manufacturer: Baker Drivetrain
Baker DD7 Direct Drive 7-Speed Transmission - Chrome
- DD7 Direct Drive 7-Speed is being developed as a direct replacement of the Cruise Drive Harley-Davidson factory 6-speed to improve it in many ways besides just adding another gear.
- Ease of finding neutral
- Smooth shifting
- No clunks or jerky shifts
- Utilizes ball bearing linear detent in the top cover that was originally designed for the automotive OEM (similar to the Torque Box)
- Comes ready to slide in the bike, no case modifications, shimming of the gearset or adjustments required
- 7th main drive gear, main drive gear bearing, main drive seal, included to replace 6th main
- 12pt bolts for door, top cover and stock side cover
- Re-uses stock shifter pawl. Includes new main drive gear bearing and seal, door gasket, side cover gasket, and top cover gasket
- Baker Re-Cal Box and Leads included
- Utilizes F6F Door Bearing Retainer Plate
- DD7 door bearings are 28% wider than stock
- Trap door is available in wrinkle black at no additional cost
- Stay in the best power range: Many complain that the factory 1st gear is too tall and these bikes feel bogged-down at the stoplight. The DD7 has a shorter 1st gear for improved get-upand-go.
- Because of the shorter first gear and following gear ratios, testers report that the bike feels like motor work has been done. The shift quality is unheard of as well.
- The Harley-Davidson factory 6-speed ratios are: 1st (3.34), 2nd (2.30), 3rd (1.71), 4th (1.41), 5th (1.18), 6th (1.00).
- The Baker DD7 transmission will have the following ratios: 1st (3.76), 2nd (2.75), 3rd (2.06), 4th (1.55), 5th (1.27), 6th (1.10), 7th (1.00).
Manufacturer Part Number: DD7A-376C