- Manufacturer: Dunlop
Dunlop MX31 Geomax Soft Rear TireThe Geomax MX31 features Dunlop's new patented "chiseled" shoulder block shape. A taper in the block creates a smaller point on top that allows the knob to penetrate through the ground's soft surface layer and grab the firmer ground beneath. By burrowing into firmer substrate, the knobs gain traction instead of floating on the surface.
Limited block surface creates a more open pattern for enhanced penetration in soft dirt/sand to contact harder ground for increased traction. Chiseled shoulder block shape improves side traction and makes traversing ruts easier. This tapered shape facilitates knob penetration through soft surfaces, whereas a flat knob would"float" and/or be deflected. Instead, the tapered knob penetrates into the firmer underlying ground to give the tire more bite for more traction.
Recess design in the area between tread blocks gives the tire improved compliance for enhanced ride comfort. Knobs are placed in a unique linked shoulder block design for better traction and grip in soft-to-intermediate riding conditions.
- New patented "chiseled" shoulder block shape
- Limited block surface penetrates soft dirt/sand to contact harder ground for increased traction
- Rounded shoulder block shape improves side traction and makes traversing ruts easier
- Tie-bar for increased block stiffness and recess design for improved soft-to-medium terrain performance
- Unique "cross-stitch" shoulder block distribution for better traction and grip in soft-to-medium conditions
- Enhanced land/sea ration and a wider tread profile for improved traction
- Larger radius block base for strength and increased durability
- Successor to the D773