Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Rear Tire
The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 is the next-generation sport bike tire and successor to Dunlop's popular Q2 tire, featuring Dunlop's new Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) which incorporates carbon fiber reinforcements into the sidewall. The Dunlop Q3 Sportmax also features an updated tread pattern with longer grooves to better evacuate water which helps wet weather performance and Dunlop's Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) for phenomenal handling and steering grip and feel. IRP provides a larger, more consistent contact patch as you lean into corners, as well as linear steering and handling at various lean angles. IRP tires also offer phenomenal steering and handling characteristics thanks to a taller profile along with sides that taper in more aggressively.
The new Sportmax Q3 represents yet another direct benefit yielded from Dunlop's AMA Pro Road Racing involvement. As the control tire supplier for AMA Pro Road Racing, Dunlop invested in new tire-producing machinery necessary to accommodate race tire production at Dunlop's Buffalo, NY, manufacturing facility. These same high-tech machines are used to produce the all-new Q3 rear tire.
- Dunlop's Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel
- Aggressive new Dunlop Q3 tread pattern uses fewer grooves that are longer in length to enhance wet-weather performance
- Intuitive Response Profile™ (IRP) technology in the rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering
- MT Multi-Tread™ technology in the rear tire uses a tough, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for excellent traction and longer tread life, plus special lateral grip compounds for outstanding grip
- Dunlop tires with MT technology incorporate a tough, cool-running long-wearing compound in the center of the tread to provide enhanced straight-line stability and excellent traction under acceleration, plus long tread life
- New Q3 tire compounds were derived from road-race compounds to yield maximum sportbike performance
- The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 offers superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track
- Designed, tested and manufactured in America, the Dunlop Q3 sets new standards for high-performance sport tires