- Manufacturer: FXR
- MMT™ Two Stage Dry System™
- Durable nylon shell with HydrX™ laminate, seam sealed in critical areas
- Hidden Z-Liner - HydrX™ laminate, fully seam sealed
- Lining - Moisture wicking, quick dry mesh
- 10,000mm/8,000g/m² waterproof/breathable
- Fixed 150g Thermal Flex™ insulation
- YKK® waterproof front zipper
- YKK® waterproof hand pocket and large cargo pocket zippers
- FXR integrated leg zip "Dry Vent System™"
- YKK® waterproof 4-way full length side leg zippers with integrated Dry Vent™ upper leg storm flaps
- Full inside leg zipper plackets
- Adjustable fixed suspenders in front and drop seat function in back
- Retention loops for powder skirt attachment
- Waist/hip flex-stretch inserts
- Hook & loop adjustable waist belt and belt loops
- Tether retention D-ring
- Thermal seat insert
- Dry seat insert
- Storm cuffs with boot lace retention system
- Drop down adjustable hem
- Three year limited warranty
MMT™ TWO STAGE DRY™
FXR's exclusive MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ Technology utilizes two separate waterproof/breathable barriers of protection from the outer elements. The MMT™ system minimizes condensation build up inside the jacket the same way as a double pane window. Condensation build up contributes a significant portion of the moisture inside a jacket and it is a scientific fact that a double layer of protection provides more resistance to condensation than a single layer. It is also a proven, scientific fact that all waterproof breathable laminates and coatings including Gore-Tex lose almost all of their breathability function in cool weather below 50° F (10º C) during levels of activity that cause the body to perspire. In a cooler environment (which is virtually every ride you take) the temperature differential between the inside and the outside of the garment normally causes an almost immediate condensation build up on the inside of the garment if it is a shell only laminate or coating.
The upshot of the MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ system is that it provides an inner layer that is warmer than the outer layer and therefore its breathability is not compromised as easily by cold. Secondly, it minimizes condensation build up because the inner layer membrane functions at a higher operating temperature, therefore improving its capacity to breathe and transfer moisture vapors through before they condensate. The third point is that because the inner layer is warmer the moisture laden air trapped inside the garment does not cool as rapidly as it contacts the inner membrane layer minimizing the risk of condensation occurring in the first place.
HydrX™ Laminate Technology
HydrX™ is FXR's exclusive high-performance waterproof/breathable laminate.
HydrX™, when used as a laminate on the outer shell only