- Manufacturer: FXR
Our newest pant in this year's line-up, the Velocity, is made for speed. With race stripe color inserts, dynamic venting and ride-to-race cut, the Velocity series is one pairing that is going to be unbeatable this season.
- Cold Ratring: 8/10
- MMT™ Two Stage Dry System™
- Durable nylon/polyester shell with HydrX™ laminate, seam sealed in critical areas
- Hidden Z-Liner - HydrX™ laminate, fully seam sealed
- 10,000mm/5,000g/m² waterproof/breathable
- Lining - Moisture wicking, quick dry mesh
- Insulation - Warm 200g Thermal Flex™ insulation
- YKK® waterproof front zipper with hook & loop tab adjuster
- YKK® 2-way thigh height leg zippers
- Outside leg plackets with hook & loop bottom closure
- Full inside zipper plackets
- YKK® hand pocket zippers
- Adjustable fixed suspenders in front and drop seat function in back
- Hip and knee flex-stretch inserts
- Hook & loop tab adjustable waist system
- Thermal seat insert
- Pre-curved knees for maximum comfort
- Boot storm cuffs with lace retention system
- Drop down adjustable hem
- 3M® Reflective inserts
MMT™ TWO STAGE DRY™
FXR's exclusive MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ Technology utilizes two separate waterproof/breathable barriers of protection from the outer elements. The MMT™ system minimizes condensation build up inside the jacket the same way as a double pane window. Condensation build up contributes a significant portion of the moisture inside a jacket and it is a scientific fact that a double layer of protection provides more resistance to condensation than a single layer. It is also a proven, scientific fact that all waterproof breathable laminates and coatings including Gore-Tex lose almost all of their breathability function in cool weather below 50° F (10º C) during levels of activity that cause the body to perspire. In a cooler environment (which is virtually every ride you take) the temperature differential between the inside and the outside of the garment normally causes an almost immediate condensation build up on the inside of the garment if it is a shell only laminate or coating.
The upshot of the MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ system is that it provides an inner layer that is warmer than the outer layer and therefore its breathability is not compromised as easily by cold. Secondly, it minimizes condensation build up because the inner layer membrane functions at a higher operating temperature, therefore improving its capacity to breathe and transfer moisture vapors through before they condensate. The third point is that because the inner layer is warmer the moisture laden air trapped inside the garment does not cool as rapidly as it contacts the inner membrane layer minimizing the risk of condensation occurring in the first place.
HydrX™ Laminate Technology
HydrX™ is FXR's exclusive high-performance waterproof/breathable laminate.
HydrX™, when used as a laminate on the outer shell only