- Manufacturer: Leatt
For upright or semi reclined seating positions, e.g. saloon cars, stock cars, drag cars, sprint and sports cars. The Leatt-Brace is an injection molded glass reinforced nylon or carbon fiber and Kevlar neck brace system designed by medical professionals and motorcycle enthusiasts to help prevent:
- Hyperflexion: extreme forward head movement.
- Hyperextension: extreme rearward head movement.
- Lateral Hyperflexion: extreme sideways head movement.
- Axial loading: compression of the spinal column due to the effect of force on the helmet
- Posterior hypertranslation: rearward movement of the head on the neck.
- Protection of the soft tissue neck structures from the Safety Harness in side impact.
- Reducing all head and neck forces ? finding the balanced.
- 360 Degrees of protection including protection in side and rear impacts.
- Allows normal driver mobility and the ability to look sideways.
We use Delphi (70G) and other Sled Tests (SFI 38.1 accredited), High-G Drop Testing, Destruction Testing and Accident Simulation Software and other engineering design tools to achieve optimum reduction in neck forces without compromising other body dynamics. The design rationale behind the Leatt-Brace is to bring the head to a controlled stop.This is achieved by bringing the head to a controlled stop against the padded, rigid anatomical brace perimeter and reduction in neck tension aided by our SSS (Smart Strap System). Unlike other systems, the SSS is simply attached to the helmets normal chin strap and required no drilling or special helmet.In addition the Leatt-Brace. MOTO R has the following features:
- The Leatt-Brace does not restrict the driver's mobility to the degree that helmet tether devices do. This seems to be more of a concern amongst drivers than what we initially thought and we receive many compliments on the comfort and driver friendliness of the Leatt-Brace.
- The Leatt-Brace does not require any equipment modification and is compatible with most helmet, safety harness and seat combinations.
- The Leatt-Brace does not rely on the safety harness only to be effective. Our product keeps the safety harness away from the soft tissue neck structures and at the same time allows the belts to fit more comfortably.
- The brace is also compatible with open faced helmets and therefore used in Off Road and Rally categories.