- Manufacturer: Michelin
Click here to see the differences between the various Michelin Off-Road Tires.
Michelin Sand 4 Starcross Tire
The Michelin Starcross Sand 4 tire was developed for sandy tracks like Southwick, where conventional tires struggle for traction and cornering grip at extreme lean angles. The scoop-like knob placement of Starcross Sand 4 tires helps provide excellent traction without digging in. Already a proven winner at the legendary Le Touquet beach race, Starcross Sand 4 tires are available in two rear sizes for all current motocross bikes.
- Rear motocross tire specifically for use on sandy tracks
- Recommended for use with S12 or Starcross MS3 front tires
- Scoop-like knob placement for traction in deep sand
- Widely spaced rows of knobs help evacuate sand
- Zigzag orientation of side knobs aids cornering grip
- Rubber mixture developed to perform well even in cooler temperatures
- Designed for low inflation pressure: Starcross Sand 4 tires can be used at pressures as low as 12 psi.
- Specific knob pattern for 125's or 250 4-strokes: additional side knobs on the 100/90-19 size help minimize digging in, to avoid power loss with smaller bikes.
- Bib Mousse fitment: Bib Mousse M22 recommended for 100/90-19 Starcross Sand 4 tire; Bib Mousse M199 recommended for 110/90-19 Starcross Sand 4 tire.