Motorcycle Exhaust Guide
- Simon's Best Motorcycle Exhaust of 2015
- Popular Motorcycle Exhaust Brands
- Motorcycle Exhaust Care: Bluing, Cleaning and Repacking
- Motorcycle Exhaust Installation
- Motorcycle Exhaust Fitment
- Do Motorcycle Exhausts Require Jet Kits or Fuel Controllers?
- Motorcycle Exhaust Materials
- Slip-on Exhausts vs. Full Systems
- Canadian Motorcycle Exhaust Laws
- The Baffling Question: Mufflers, Performance and Sound
- Benefits of an Aftermarket Motorcycle Exhaust
Since exhausts are bike-specific, it's impossible to make product recommendations without knowing which motorcycle you ride.
So, Simon takes us through his own decision. When you go to make yours, our geeky customer service team will be happy to suggest a few models!
Do you love that aggressive exhaust bluing on seasoned motorcycles? Maybe you try avoiding discoloration altogether?
And did you know that some aftermarket mufflers require repacking every six riding hours?
Read on for the do's and don'ts of exhaust bluing, cleaning and repacking.
It's the million-dollar question. You want to buy an exhaust system for your bike; Do you need a jet kit or a fuel controller too?
Sometimes the answer is "no." But a keen rider will always say, "yes."
Canada governs how loud and emissive motorcycles can be. Stock bikes are almost guaranteed to meet these requirements. But if you alter the exhaust system in any way, the lawfulness of your motorcycle falls into question.
Whether you're intent on breaking the law or staying within it, this section is a must-read
It's a baffling issue. And if you don’t understand that joke, you definitely need to read this section.
Believe it or not, louder pipes will make your motorcycle faster. Usually.
But with a baffle, you can have any combination of volume and performance.
Motorcyclists will change their pipes for three main reasons: performance, noise and style. I suppose we could count a fourth rider too, who crashes his bike enough to destroy the stock system.
But whatever your rationale is, we say go for it. Each of the reasons here are reason enough.