- Manufacturer: S and S Cycle
S&S Cycle 583 Gear Drive Camshaft Kit
- Camshaft gear drive kits increase valve timing accuracy by eliminating timing chain lash and loosely fit stock chain drive
- Reverses the rear cams direction of rotation, providing additional operating clearance between cam lobes; as a result, higher cam
- lifts are possible with the gear drive kit
- Kits include cams, inner gears, outer drive gears, inner and outer bearings, gasket and instructions
- Material must be removed from the inner surface of the stock gear cover to install S&S gear drive cams
- A hydraulic press and other professional-level tools are required to install these kits
- S&S recommends that adjustable pushrod/ cover kit MFG PART #93-5095 be used
- Cam bearings and gaskets must be replaced when installing new cams
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Great overall cam for Softail and Dyna
- Provides strong low-end torque and horsepower
- Strongest from 1500-5000 rpm
- 99-04 models require high lift springs
- Intake Opening (degrees): 08
- Intake Closing (degrees): 15
- Exhaust Opening (degrees): 60
- Exhaust Closing (degrees): 22
- Intake Duration (degrees): 204
- Exhaust Duration (degrees): 262
- Valve Lift (in): .583
- NOTE: Kits require high-performance valve springs when installed in 99-04 models.
- NOTE: Installer must check coil bind, valve-to-valve clearance and valve-to-piston clearance.
- NOTE: Due to the inherent characteristics of gear drives, you may experience more valve train noise.
Manufacturer Part Number: 330-0107