- Manufacturer: Shoei
In the pursuit of excellence in motorcycle helmet creation, SHOEI continues to strive to develop the most stylish, versatile and technically advanced protective head gear that riders
have come to expect. Taking into account that comfort and convenience are key to a quality riding experience, SHOEI introduces the GT-Air, a lightweight full-face helmet with improved ventilation, a fully removable noise-reducing interior, a built-in sun visor and a distinctively stylish shell that is as good looking as it is integral to its performance while on the road.
SHELL DESIGN: Incorporating a built-in, retractable sun visor presents the challenge of retaining a compact size to the helmet. In the case of the GT-Air, the visor?s compartment actually contributes to the aggressively sporty look by shaping contours around it which extend into a rear spoiler. These work together to stabilize the helmet at high speeds.
CNS-1 SHIELD & QSV-1 SUN SHIELD: SHOEI?s CNS-1 shield is the result of years of injection-molded face shield development, the aim being to improve vision by diminishing distortion, as well as reduce constant wind noise. The QR-N shield base helps keep the shield tightly sealed to the helmet?s Dual Ridge Window Bead, as well as allowing for easy removal and replacement. The GT-Air includes a built-in sun shield, the QSV-1. The visor tucks neatly away beneath a non-intrusive shell built into the helmet?s liner and can be lowered with the easy control of a sliding button.
PINLOCK® FOG-FREE SYSTEM: The CNS-1 shield includes built-in pins for a Pinlock® anti-fog lens, which transform single shields into dual shields that resist fog buildup. The lens has been designed to cover a larger area on the shield, increasing peripheral vision in the event of fog buildup.
SHELL AND INTERIOR FIT: The interior of the GT-Air has been designed for fine adjustment and easy maintenance. The top center pad is removable, in turn making it easier to remove all other interior parts. A variety of fabrics, including Max-Dry, are utilized to maximize comfort and perspiration absorption. A firm, even fit is accomplished with the help of polyurethane foam layers of varying hardness. Hold can be further optimized through a choice of three shell sizes. Improved design in the shape of cheek pads now allow for better fit around the earpieces for eyeglasses, reducing the gaps in order to reduce invasive exterior noise.
AIM (Advanced Integrated Matrix) is SHOEI?s own shell structure, lightweight but rigid and elastic, combining layers of strong fiberglass with organic fibers. A balanced combination of both rigid and pliant layers provides superior safety performance and fulfills strict standards expected of protective motorcycle headwear.
Borrowing technology developed for SHOEI?s VFX-W and X-Twelve racing helmets, the GT-Air is equipped with the exclusive EQRS (Emergency Quick Release System) that allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider?s helmet. With the cheek pads removed, the helmet can be safely and easily lifted from the rider?s head.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders? feedback
- Multi-Piece EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Three shell and four EPS liner sizes provide increased fit options that help to comfortably
- Fit most head sizes
- Molded air spoiler reduces drag and lift, as well as diminishes pressure on the rider?s neck while riding at speed
Sun Shield Visor System:
- Built-in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion
- Visor meets ANSI Z80.3-2010 standard for non-prescription eyeglasses
- Large and easy to reach switch activates the 3D injection-molded inner sun shield
- Distortion-free shield blocks 99% of harmful UV rays
- Forehead area of the outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, helping allow for the integrity of the helmet?s inner EPS liner to remain intact
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Large upper intake vent positioned to maximize performance behind wind screens
- Easy to operate large lower intake vent
- Lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck vents allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Advanced Integrated Matrix (AIM)
- High performance fiberglass and organic fibers are combined to create a shell structure that is ultra-lightweight, rigid and resilient
- 3-D Max-Dry center pad and multi-layered, polyurethane foam cheek pads
- Chin curtain prevents wind entry and reduces noise
- Cheek pads are replaceable or removable for maintenance
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from the helmet of a rider involved in an accident, in turn making the helmet more easily removable
Standard Chin-Strap Clip: Neatly secures chin strap
CNS-1 Shield System:
- The CNS-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Includes new redesigned Pinlock® Anti-Fog
- Lens for more coverage of the CNS-1 shield
- Dual-Ridge window bead increases contact with the shield to reduce wind noise
- Scratch-resistant shield coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A&B rays