- Manufacturer: Wolfman
Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags
The 2018 Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags have undergone a major transformation. A revised “U” shape helps carry and compress the load. Now 10% larger, these are the largest, most comprehensive saddle bags Wolfman has ever produced, the result of years of R&D; testing and refinement with a World Class R&D; team. A secure mounting and compression system keeps these in place on virtually any side rack using the included Universal Saddlebag Straps, while still allowing quick release from the side racks. Internal stiffeners, held in sleeves, secure the load making them become almost rigid and firm, not floppy. Flexi-Side Panels allow both smaller and larger loads to be compressed securely. And Wolfman has added a grab handle on each bag.
Packing and unpacking is made easier due to a subtle tapered shape -- the top is slightly wider than the bottom. The included waterproof liners roll and buckle closed, slide in and out easily and make it simple to keep gear dry. The liners are made from durable polyurethane-coated nylon with sealed seams to keep water out, and are yellow, making it easier to see items inside. Total capacity is a voluminous 36+ liters for each bag.
These bags are sewn in Wolfman's USA facility utilizing Wolfman's own custom vinyl-coated 1680 denier ballistics nylon fabric. The bags have 22oz. vinyl sides, and one piece back to front overlay. Reflective striping runs horizontally from front to back. D-rings on the top and front of each bag allow easy attachment of a Small or Medium Rolie as a top bag for even more capacity or just for convenience. Or add a Wolf Bottle Holster for fuel or water.
For 2018 Wolfman made the following improvements to these already great saddlebags::
- U-shaped side profile uses a single piece High Density Polyethylene Plastic (HDPE) Stiffener
- Flexi-Side Panels allow a much wider range of capacity, plus improve load compression and create a more stable and secure connection to the side racks
- The single piece internal stiffeners are now in sleeves
- 2” top compression buckles provide better load management and stability
- FWolfman's 2” D-rings on each bag for more accessory options, like a Rolie Bag or Wolf Bottle Holster
- Ability to carry a Wolf Bottle Holster or Small Rolie on the back
- Revised shape to keep bags level to side racks
- Revised removable waterproof liners
- More tailored appearance
- Heavy Duty 1680 denier custom vinyl coated ballistic nylon
- 22oz. vinyl sides, Single Piece back bottom, front overlay, and removable Back Pad
- Ultra-Secure 6-point mounting system per bag using heavy Duty 1” metal cam buckles
- Reflective striping
- Carry Handle
- Legendary Wolfman Quality Materials and Construction
Wolfman took the whole process from concept, design and manufacturing very seriously, to make one of the finest large-capacity soft saddle bags anywhere.
- Length: 15" / 38.5cm top, 13 1/2" / 34cm bottom
- Width: 8" / 20cm
- Height: 15 ½” / 39.5cm
- 36+ liters each, so up to 72+ liters per pair
- 2196 cu.in each, Up to 4392+ cu.in per pair
- Bag: Black with black vinyl
- Liner: Yellow
These saddlebags will mount to a wide variety of racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps. Racks must be oval/rectangle shaped and height of hoop (top to bottom) must not exceed 9.5 inches (24cm).
Wolfman has specifically tested them with these racks:
- SW Motech
- Wolfman (--discontinued, but if you've got 'em, use 'em)
- An Ideal Match to Wolfman's Pikes Peak Rapid Release Plates for quick on-off
These Saddle Bags also work well with any of these Tail Bags::
- Expedition Dry Duffels
- Overland Duffel
- Wolf Tail Bag
- Peak Tail Bag
Rocky Mountain Saddlebags attach to side racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps.
Luggage Add-Ons(Sold separately):
- Wolfy Bottle Holster
- Wolfy Tool Roll
- Classic Small or Medium Rolie
Manufacturer Part Number: S1018