- Manufacturer: Bel-Ray
Bel-Ray Silicone DOT 5 Brake Fluid
Bel-Ray Silicone DOT 5 Brake Fluid exceeds FMVSS Sec. 571.116 DOT 5 silicone base motor vehicle brake fluid specifications. Mixes with all fluids meeting such specifications. DOT 5 brake fluid may not be mixed with DOT 3 and DOT 4. DOT 5 may be used if a complete system flush is done. For use in all drum or disc hydraulic brake systems, except systems using mineral-based fluids (LHM). Boiling Point: Dry 260°C (500°F), Wet 185°C (365°F).
- When DOT 5 product is specified for hydraulic brake systems
- For consistent "feel" and long lasting superior brake performance such as racing
Features and Benefits:
- High vapor point - Resists vapor formation to minimize the potential for "vapor lock" and the subsequent loss of braking power.
- High boiling point - Eliminates brake fade for superior performance.
- High compatibility - Compatible with all seal materials normally used in brake systems.
- Corrosion protection - Special formulation with inhibitors against rust and chloride corrosion.
Bel-Ray Silicone DOT 5 Brake Fluid is specially formulated to exceed all DOT 5 specifications for superior brake performance. It is compatible with all DOT 5 type products and has outstanding high- and low temperature properties for consistent and fade-free braking performance. Bel-Ray Silicone DOT 5 Brake Fluid will not absorb water and is non-corrosive and non-toxic. It will not affect painted surfaces and other materials. Product No. 99450