- Manufacturer: FXR
Full Throttle Premium
The Backshift Limited Edition 3 in 1 jacket has all of the performance and features of our Backshift Pro Series jacket, but steps it up with a Cold-Stop removable inner jacket for full 3 in 1 performance.
The Backshift Limited Edition pant is our new premium high performance trail riding pant featuring full length YKK 4-way leg zippers with integrated Dry Vent System, fully seam-sealed, breathable, waterproof lining and added bib height for increased comfort and cold weather protection.
- MMT™ Two Stage Dry System™
- Durable nylon shell with HydrX™ laminate
- Lining - HydrX™ laminate, fully seam sealed with integrated mesh vents with inner zippered and lycra cell phone pockets
- 10,000mm/5,000g/m² waterproof/breathable
- Insulation - 125g/100g Thermal Flex™ insulation in the shell, body/sleeve
- Removable zip-out jacket - quick release 100g Thermal Flex™, cold-stop jacket with YKK® front zipper, 2 -YKK® hand pocket zippers, shock cord adjustable hem, inner zippered and lycra cell phone pockets
- Special "Limited Edition" embroideries
- Heavy duty #8 YKK® Vislon front zipper
- Cold-Stop multi-placket magnetic/snap front closure system
- Inner chin placket
- FXR exclusive "Dry Vent System™"
- YKK® waterproof chest vent zippers with
- "Dry Vent™" inserts
- YKK® hand pocket zippers
- Left sleeve key pocket
- Hook & loop tab adjustable collar
- Shock cord adjustable hem
- Adjustable windskirt
- Soft-stretch hook & loop adjustable cuffs
- Lycra cuff extensions
- Tether retention D-ring
- 360° 3M® reflective
MMT™ TWO STAGE DRY™
FXR's exclusive MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ Technology utilizes two separate waterproof/breathable barriers of protection from the outer elements. The MMT™ system minimizes condensation build up inside the jacket the same way as a double pane window. Condensation build up contributes a significant portion of the moisture inside a jacket and it is a scientific fact that a double layer of protection provides more resistance to condensation than a single layer. It is also a proven, scientific fact that all waterproof breathable laminates and coatings including Gore-Tex lose almost all of their breathability function in cool weather below 50° F (10º C) during levels of activity that cause the body to perspire. In a cooler environment (which is virtually every ride you take) the temperature differential between the inside and the outside of the garment normally causes an almost immediate condensation build up on the inside of the garment if it is a shell only laminate or coating.
The upshot of the MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ system is that it provides an inner layer that is warmer than the outer layer and therefore its breathability is not compromised as easily by cold. Secondly, it minimizes condensation build up because the inner layer membrane functions at a higher operating temperature, therefore improving its capacity to breathe and transfer moisture vapors through before they condensate. The third point is that because the inner layer is warmer the moisture laden air trapped inside the garment does not cool as rapidly as it contacts the inner membrane layer minimizing the risk of condensation occurring in the first place.
HydrX™ Laminate Technology
HydrX™ is FXR's exclusive high-performance waterproof/breathable laminate.
HydrX™, when used as a laminate on the outer shell only