- Manufacturer: FXR
This is the Shell ONLY jacket (no liners or insulation)
FXR is back in the pullover game with our new Vertical Edge pullover. It represents a quantum leap in pullover technology. It's a serious all-weather mountain riding, ditch bashing weapon.
- MMT™ Two Stage Dry System™
- Durable nylon shell with HydrX Pro™ laminate and 500D Kordura®, reinforced shoulders, seam taped in critical areas
- Lining - HydrX Pro™ laminate, fully seam taped, laser cut vents
- 20,000mm/8,000g/m² waterproof/breathable
- YKK® waterproof front cargo pocket with
- detachable goggle wipe and key clip
- YKK® waterproof front zipper with inside fly
- FXR exclusive "Dry Vent System™"
- YKK® waterproof chest zippers with
- "Dry Vent™" inserts
- Large YKK® side entry zipper with snap closure
- YKK® hand pocket zippers
- Shock cord adjustable hem
- Adjustable windskirt with pant attachment system
- Hook and loop adjustable collar
- Soft-stretch hook & loop adjustable cuffs
- Lycra cuff extensions
- 360° 3M® reflective
- Three year limited warranty
MMT™ TWO STAGE DRY™
FXR's exclusive MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ Technology utilizes two separate waterproof/breathable barriers of protection from the outer elements. The MMT™ system minimizes condensation build up inside the jacket the same way as a double pane window. Condensation build up contributes a significant portion of the moisture inside a jacket and it is a scientific fact that a double layer of protection provides more resistance to condensation than a single layer. It is also a proven, scientific fact that all waterproof breathable laminates and coatings including Gore-Tex lose almost all of their breathability function in cool weather below 50° F (10° C) during levels of activity that cause the body to perspire. In a cooler environment (which is virtually every ride you take) the temperature differential between the inside and the outside of the garment normally causes an almost immediate condensation build up on the inside of the garment if it is a shell only laminate or coating.
The upshot of the MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ system is that it provides an inner layer that is warmer than the outer layer and therefore its breathability is not compromised as easily by cold. Secondly, it minimizes condensation build up because the inner layer membrane functions at a higher operating temperature, therefore improving its capacity to breathe and transfer moisture vapors through before they condensate. The third point is that because the inner layer is warmer the moisture laden air trapped inside the garment does not cool as rapidly as it contacts the inner membrane layer minimizing the risk of condensation occurring in the first place.
HydrX™ Laminate Technology
HydrX™ is FXR's exclusive high-performance waterproof/breathable laminate.
HydrX™, when used as a laminate on the outer shell only