- Manufacturer: FXR
The Vertical Storm XC jacket delivers exceptional performance and style for the aggressive rider who appreciates a light weight, high performance cross over jacket equally capable in the steep and deep, or ditch banging at full throttle.
- MMT™ Two Stage Dry System™
- Durable printed polyester shell with seam sealed HydrX Pro™ laminate and 500D Kordura® reinforced shoulders
- Lining - HydrX Pro™ laminate, fully seam taped, laser cut vents
- 20,000mm/8,000g/m² waterproof/breathable
- Removable Zip-Out Lining - Quick release 125g Thermal Flex™ liner for cold conditions with inside zipper and lycra cell phone pockets
- Guaranteed Dry
- Triple stitched in key areas
- Heavy duty #8 YKK® Vislon front zipper
- Cold-stop multi-placket hook & loop/snap front closure system
- Embroidered inner chin placket
- FXR exclusive "Radial Dry Vent System™"
- YKK® waterproof front chest zippers with "Dry Vent™" pocketing
- YKK® waterproof radial vent zippers with integrated "Dry Vent™" inserts
- YKK® hand pocket zippers
- Left sleeve key pocket
- Shock-cord adjustable collar and hem
- Adjustable windskirt with pant attachment system
- Soft-stretch hook & loop adjustable cuffs
- Lycra cuff extensions
- Tether retention D-ring
- Zip-off removable hood with adjustable shock cord
- 360° 3M® Reflective
- Three year limited warranty
MMT™ TWO STAGE DRY™
FXR's exclusive MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ Technology utilizes two separate waterproof/breathable barriers of protection from the outer elements. The MMT™ system minimizes condensation build up inside the jacket the same way as a double pane window. Condensation build up contributes a significant portion of the moisture inside a jacket and it is a scientific fact that a double layer of protection provides more resistance to condensation than a single layer. It is also a proven, scientific fact that all waterproof breathable laminates and coatings including Gore-Tex lose almost all of their breathability function in cool weather below 50° F (10º C) during levels of activity that cause the body to perspire. In a cooler environment (which is virtually every ride you take) the temperature differential between the inside and the outside of the garment normally causes an almost immediate condensation build up on the inside of the garment if it is a shell only laminate or coating.
The upshot of the MMT™ Two Stage Dry™ system is that it provides an inner layer that is warmer than the outer layer and therefore its breathability is not compromised as easily by cold. Secondly, it minimizes condensation build up because the inner layer membrane functions at a higher operating temperature, therefore improving its capacity to breathe and transfer moisture vapors through before they condensate. The third point is that because the inner layer is warmer the moisture laden air trapped inside the garment does not cool as rapidly as it contacts the inner membrane layer minimizing the risk of condensation occurring in the first place.
HydrX™ Laminate Technology
HydrX™ is FXR's exclusive high-performance waterproof/breathable laminate.
HydrX™, when used as a laminate on the outer shell only