- Manufacturer: Giant Loop
Giant Loop Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top
Carry your gear where the passenger would sit on your motorcycle with Great Basin Saddlebag rackless motorcycle luggage – the remarkably versatile Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger. Anchors to passenger footrest brackets and mounts on pillion seat of sport and sport touring bikes, scramblers, standards, nakeds and adventure touring and dual sport motorcycles. No side luggage racks required.
The Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top is a fresh update of the original biomorphic, horseshoe-shaped rackless Saddlebag design that Giant Loop pioneered in 2009. It features a convenient rolling closure that seals out water and dust while maintaining all the unique “go light, go fast, go far” features of our zipper closure Great Basin Saddlebag.
- Weight: 6 lbs with all included components
- 68+ liters of packable volume (68 liters with three full waterproof rolls, more with one roll to seal out dust)
- Set of 3 RF welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air release valves included
- Side compression straps with custom Giant Loop molded rubber grab handles
- Super tough, highly water resistant vinyl tarp outer shell reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Beavertail and cinch ring with side-release buckled compression straps that integrate with double-end Rogue Dry Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag (available separately), as well as the single-ended feature rich Torngat Tunnel Bag
- Lash loops to attach Possible Pouch external pockets to back, side or front of Saddlebag “legs”
- Separate mounting and compression straps for easy gear access
- Reinforced Roll Top closure
- Cable lock pass-though to secure bag to bike while parked. Optional cables and locks available here.
- Reflective accents for visibility
- 1 Hot Springs Heat Shield (laser-cut aluminum + stainless steel clamp) included
- Military-spec materials and construction
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects
- Made in U.S.A.
Dimensions (fully packed):
- 56″ – Bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
- Basically the same as before, with a little more “doming” on top due to increased “front to back” distance.
- 10″ – Height of bag in top center
- Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the “front to back” measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full.
- 6″ – Distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
- This dimension didn’t change – I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the “leg.”
- 14″ – Front to back in top center
- This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 liters of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2″ in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top.
- Outer shell: 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Military-spec fasteners
- Custom-woven ballistic webbing on lower anchor straps
- Nylike webbing compression straps
Fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger, including these motorcycle makes & models:
- BMW: GS models, etc.
- Ducati: Multistrada, Monster, etc.
- KTM: Adventure models, 690 (w/passenger pegs), etc.
- Honda: Rally Raid Honda CB500X Adventure, Africa Twin, CRF250L, XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, etc.
- Suzuki: V-Strom, DR650, etc.
- Triumph: Tiger, Explorer, etc.
- Yamaha: Super Tenere, WR250, etc. (w/passenger pegs)
- Kawasaki: KLR 650, Versys, Ninja, etc.