- Manufacturer: S and S Cycle
S&S Cycle Easy Start Chain Drive Camshaft Kit
- Convert your Twin Cam to a gear drive
- Kit includes cams, gears both inner and outer, gaskets,
- bearings, bolts and heavy-duty bearing plate
- How it works: Each of the 2 exhaust cam lobes are equipped with a spring loaded compression release lobe on the heel of the cam at the point where the valve would normally be fully closed. The lobe holds the exhaust valve open slightly at cranking speed. This releases some of the compression, making the engine much easier to crank. Once the engine starts, and rpm increases, the compression release lobe is centrifugally retracted and the engine runs normally, with full compression, and without any loss in performance. This allows a stock starter and battery to start nearly any engine.
- Start any engine with a stock starter
- Save your starter and battery
- Reliable-tested for 10,000 starts and didnt even run the battery down
- Automatic - no buttons to push
- Available in chain and gear drive versions
- Optimized for 2007-up 96 to 106 CID touring bike with slip-on mufflers and 9.0 to 10:1 compression.
- Best bolt-in cam available for dressers.
- Pulls hard from idle to 4000 rpm.
- Intake Opening (degrees): 17
- Intake Closing (degrees): 19
- Exhaust Opening (degrees): 41
- Exhaust Closing (degrees): 17
- Intake Duration (degrees): 215
- Exhaust Duration (degrees): 237
- Intake Lift (in): .550
- Exhaust Lift (in): .550
- Intake Lift at TDC (in): .178
- Exhaust Lift at TDC (in): .170