Bell MX-9 MIPS Helmet
When the moto gets intense, Bell's Velocity-Flow ventilation system moves tons of cool air in, and warm air out to keep you comfortable. The Bell MX 9 Helmet packs a moisture-wicking liner that is designed to channel air where you need it and is fully removable and washable.
MIPS, or multi-directional impact protection system, uses a slip plane designed to manage energy from rotational and angular impacts.In case of a crash, this layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. MIPS imitates the brain's way of protecting itself by giving the helmet its own low-friction layer between the outer shell and the liner, which also slides to absorb much of the energy created by an angled blow to the head.
- MIPS Multi-Directional Impact Protection System for dramatically improved rotational impact energy displacement
- Lightweight polycarbonate shell
- 3 shell sizes
- SM: XS and SM Helmets
- MD: MD and LG Helmets
- LG: XL and 2XL Helmets
- Velocity-flow ventilation system for cooling and comfort
- Moisture wicking, removable/washable air channeled comfort liner
- EPS-lined chin bar
- Integrated vented roost guard
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure and strap keeper
- Five-year warranty
- DOT and ECE certified